Linggo, Setyembre 18, 2016

Pre Fall Update

Posted by Unknown on 5:00 PM in , , | No comments

Broadway Limited Paragon2 Series USRA Light Mikado 2-8-2 steam locomotiveAlmost five months has passed since my last post, and unfortunately I have made little progress over the summer, mostly due to my schedule being insanely busy. However, with the leaves turning yellow and snow on the mountain-tops west on the horizon, my sights are now turning back to my layout now that I find myself staying indoors more often. Plus, a little break from something you love doing never hurts.

 USRA Light Mikado 2-8-2 in front my Northern Light & Power kitStructurally, I think everything is done. I try to find things to add, or even modify, however find that quite often more is definitely not better. Details on the other hand, there can never be enough of those, so I will be looking into further detailing, including figures, wildlife, foliage, etc. Vehicles and rolling stock also still need to be added. I have done a little experimenting with weathering trains, though I will unquestionably need more practice at this point before I start on anything worth any significant value. Acquiring HO scale vehicles also seems to still be quite difficult.

I have some new photos attached to this post, taken for a recent photo-book that I put together showing the visual progression of my layout. These photos were just taken last week, and as you can see there is nothing really new.


Locomotive 3725 descending down to staging tracks


USRA Light Mikado 2-8-2

Atlas Signal Tower and Water Tower kits on the edge of the rail maintenance yard

Northern Light & Power kit with my USRA Light Mikado locomotive

Downtown section with completed kits and details

Overall view of Ty's Model Railroad

Locomotive 3725 along the mountain bluffs

USRA Light Mikado 2-8-2 approaching the trestle

USRA Light Mikado 2-8-2 about to descend from the trestle

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento