Miyerkules, Pebrero 17, 2016

Laying Trackbed

Posted by Unknown on 4:00 PM in , | No comments

Over the last month or so I have been building the ramps to allow the tracks to go from one level to the next. I purchased some ¾” sheets of Styrofoam and used this for each of the ramps. It took several attempts to get a few of them right, as it is very difficult to get a perfectly even and level transition from one level, onto the Styrofoam, then onto the next level. I’m sure there are other techniques and products available to make this process much easier, but I’m determined to use what I have!

The first ramp completed successfully is the right curve of the main line oval. After hours of trying to get everything just right, it was time to lay down the very first section of track bed. I glued down one half at a time in about 20” lengths. I used WeldBond multi-purpose glue and thumb tacks to temporarily hold the track bed in place.

Foam roadbed installationFoam trackbed installation using thumb tacks

Foam roadbed installation using thumb tacks

Once the track bed was dry, I loosely placed 22” radius track (as per plan) to make sure everything fit, which it did.


Foam trackbed installation with trackFoam roadbed installation with track

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento