Linggo, Marso 29, 2015

Canada Day Long Weekend Part I

Posted by Unknown on 5:00 PM in , , , , , | No comments

With July 1st this year being on a Thursday, my work decided to shut down for IT upgrades on Friday as well, giving me a nice, long 4 day long weekend – plenty of time to make some serious progress on my model.

I first fixed my original ramps on the left side of my layout which I shaved these down and placed different sized risers underneath to make them much more level and smooth. I also laid track bed down on the right side for the section leading up to the future trestle (below, right).

Expanded foam ramp installationFirst completed sections of track

Expanded foam ramp

The second approach to the trestle is also constructed at this time. This unfortunately is going to be the most challenging part of the layout as far as track goes, as the total grade here is about 8% and isn’t very prototypical. This however, is a risk that just needs to be taken for the sake of the rest of the layout. I’m sure it will all work out in the end. Notice in the background that I am using Bachman E-Z Snap-Track to plan and grade around the lake. This track works great as a moveable template and grade planner when working with 18” radius curves.

Using snap tack as a template for trackbedExpanded foam ramp installation

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento